Inria has one of its five main focuses modeling and simulation, emphasizing the modeling of environmental and geophysical phenomena. Recent results in these areas have created essential opportunities, but at the same time, they imply significant challenges.
At Inria Chile, we seek to develop these directions and, in turn, apply these principles in projects related to marine ecology, climate change mitigation, accident prevention, mining, intelligent agriculture, among others.
*Deadline for applications: October 30th, 2020
Identification of the position
|Number of positions||:||1|
|Workplace||:||Inria Chile offices (*telework mode until further notice)|
|Direct supervisor's position||:||Scientific Director|
|Duration||:||3 months trial with a permanent contract in case of successful completion of the missions entrusted.|
|Salary||:||2,400,000 CLP / month (before taxes)|
Objectives and Functions of the Position
- Linking PDEs and data: Linking complex environmental models with observational data (data assimilation)
- Hybrid models: a combination of PDE solvers and deep neural networks
- Navier-Stokes equations.
- Develop, calibration, and validation of mechanical models.
- Improvement of data collection procedures to include relevant information for the creation of analytical systems.
- Attract R&D funds with industry and academia.
- Make ad-hoc analysis, visualize, and precisely report results.
- Co-develop software with Inria project teams.
- Participate in implementing, maintaining, and supporting experimental platforms and software developments related to these platforms.
- Participate in a network of development experts within the center and at the national and international levels.
- Creation of training courses, sharing of technology watch knowledge, tools, or recommended development methods.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior or interns engineers as part of the technological development actions.
- Produce reports, scientific articles, and minutes as required, in collaboration with Inria Chile team members.
- Participate in dissemination actions such as courses, conferences, lectures, among other activities.
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer science, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, and related careers
- Possess publications in the area in renowned media.
- Have autonomy and leadership in organizing R+D projects and attract funds.
- Native or advanced English. French desirable.
- Be capable of find solutions to poorly defined problems by taking advantage of pattern detection on potentially large data sets.
Notions of machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision. The machine learning development stack (scikit-learn, Tensorflow/PyTorch, Jupyter, Spark.)
To have skills in applied statistics, design of experiments, distributions, hypothesis testing.
- Experience in maintaining an open-source project with packaging, regular releases in standard distribution channels, and problem tracking.
- Coordination and project management skills
Be autonomous, curious, and enjoy teamwork.
Quality of work.
Organization and planning of tasks.
Benefits and advantages
> To be part of an institution of excellence and international recognition
> 13th salary
> Complementary health insurance
> 5 additional vacation days
> Incentives for voluntary social security savings
Two letters of recommendation