Inria has one of its five priority focuses on artificial intelligence, automatic learning, and related subjects. Recent results in these areas have created significant opportunities for dealing with information stored in a non-structured manner and, in particular, in the form of texts.
At Inria Chile, we seek to develop these research directions by recruiting specialists in natural language processing and understanding (NLP), graph-based neural networks, deep learning, and hybrid neuro/symbolic systems. At the same time, we seek to apply these principles in projects related to the understanding of scientific information, marine ecology, climate change mitigation, accident prevention, mining, intelligent agriculture, among others.
Identification of the position
|Number of positions||:||1|
|Workplace||:||Inria Chile offices (*telework mode until further notice)|
|Direct supervisor's position||:||Scientific Director|
|Duration||:||3 months trial with a permanent contract in case of successful completion of the missions entrusted.|
|Salary||:||2,400,000 CLP / month (before taxes)|
Objectives and Functions of the Position
- Creation and optimization of models using automatic learning techniques
- Conceptualization and development of tools within the state of the art of natural language processing and machine learning
- Improvement of data collection procedures to include relevant information for the creation of analytical systems.
- Attract R&D funds with industry and academia.
- Make ad-hoc analysis, visualize, and precisely report results.
- Co-develop software with Inria project teams.
- Participate in implementing, maintaining, and supporting experimental platforms and software developments related to these platforms.
- Participate in a network of development experts within the center and at the national and international levels.
- Creation of training courses, sharing of technology watch knowledge, tools, or recommended development methods.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior or interns engineers as part of the technological development actions.
- Produce reports, scientific articles, and minutes as required, in collaboration with Inria Chile team members.
- Participate in dissemination actions such as courses, conferences, lectures, among other activities.
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer science, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, and related careers
- Possess publications in the area in renowned media.
- Have autonomy and leadership in organizing R+D projects and attract funds.
- Native or advanced English. French desirable.
- Be capable of find solutions to poorly defined problems by taking advantage of pattern detection on potentially large data sets.
- Have an excellent understanding of basic machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Update on state of the art in areas related to neural networks, deep learning, convolutional and recurrent networks, among others
- Be familiar with the main problems of natural language comprehension.
- Learning by reinforcement, active learning, transfer learning.
- Have skills in applied statistics, design of experiments, distributions, hypothesis testing, among others.
- Machine learning development stack (scikit-learn, Tensorflow/PyTorch, Jupyter, Spark )
- Methodologies: Scrum, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration.
- Experience in maintaining an open-source project with packaging, regular releases in standard distribution channels, and problem tracking.
- Coordination and project management skills
Be autonomous, curious, and enjoy teamwork.
Interest in multidisciplinary work.
Quality of work.
Organization and planning of tasks.
Benefits and advantages
> To be part of an institution of excellence and international recognition
> 13th salary
> Complementary health insurance
> 5 additional vacation days
> Incentives for voluntary social security savings
Two letters of recommendation