The human-computer interaction (IHC) and the connections between these with artificial intelligence and automatic learning are about the understanding and visualization of complex data. We have developed essential applications in astronomy, intelligent cities, and agriculture, among others.
Inria Chile seeks to extend its team with a postdoc to lead an R&D project focused on designing, implementing, and evaluating interactive visualization systems that use mixed reality technologies, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, and wall displays. These systems aim to help make and understand results in different applications such as astronomy, understanding of biological structures, and applications in industries such as mining or retail.
The research objectives orbit around designing immersive reality-based visualization techniques that support effective decision-making and how to evaluate these visualization techniques, beyond considering the errors or timing users take to perform a task?
Identificación del cargo
|Number of positions||:||1|
|Workplace||:||Inria Chile offices (*telework mode until further notice)|
|Direct supervisor's position||:||Scientific Director|
|Duration||:||3 months trial with a permanent contract in case of successful completion of the missions entrusted.|
|Salary||:||2,400,000 CLP / month (before taxes)|
Objectives and Functions of the Position
- State of the art in understanding and visualizing large volumes of data.
- Development of immersive tools (augmented reality or virtual reality)
- Methods for understanding and explaining machine learning models.
- Develop visualization environments for large amounts of data.
- Improvement of data collection procedures to include relevant information for the creation of analytical systems.
- Attract R&D funds with industry and academia.
- Make ad-hoc analysis, visualize, and precisely report results.
- Co-develop software with Inria project teams.
- Participate in implementing, maintaining, and supporting experimental platforms and software developments related to these platforms.
- Participate in a network of development experts within the center and at the national and international levels.
- Creation of training courses, sharing of technology watch knowledge, tools, or recommended development methods.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior or interns engineers as part of the technological development actions.
- Produce reports, scientific articles, and minutes as required, in collaboration with Inria Chile team members.
- Participate in dissemination actions such as courses, conferences, lectures, among other activities.
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer science, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, and related careers
- Possess publications in the area in renowned media.
- Have autonomy and leadership in organizing R+D projects and attract funds.
- Native or advanced English. French desirable.
- Be capable of find solutions to poorly defined problems by taking advantage of pattern detection on potentially large data sets.
- Notions of machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision. And the machine learning development stack (scikit-learn, Tensorflow/PyTorch, Jupyter, Spark, etc. )
- To have skills in applied statistics, design of experiments, distributions, hypothesis testing, among others.
- Methodologies: Scrum, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration.
- Experience in maintaining an open-source project with packaging, regular releases in standard distribution channels, and problem tracking.
- Coordination and project management skills
Be autonomous, curious, and enjoy teamwork.
Quality of work.
Organization and planning of tasks.
Benefits and advantages
> To be part of an institution of excellence and international recognition
> 13th salary
> Complementary health insurance
> 5 additional vacation days
> Incentives for voluntary social security savings
Two letters of recommendation